Friday 2 November 2007

Women and oysters

OK so that was quick. I'm a single man again. Sometimes you can find someone you easily connect with, but if goals don't match then often no amount of compromise can help. A shame, but that's life and I gained a good mate.

So - what else is new? I'm glad you asked. I had the best steak I've ever had the pleasure of slicing into, at Wallerawang. The "Top Pub" may not be much to look at, but it's certainly a friendly place and their service in regard to food is excellent. It was a quick jaunt before the usual Thursday night pub trivia. Jas, myself, Jill and J-Lo. Curried pippies (mild) might be my thing, but I've never been keen to try oysters before, despite growing up in a North Coast fishing hamlet, so I surprised myself when I tried one of J-Lo's platter whilst waiting for my steak. The verdict - shithouse. I had nothing positive to offer. It was like eating a snotty fishing line. So my surprise only increased once I tried one with tabasco sauce. I actually enjoyed that one. The texture was altogether different and much more appetising, and I'm not one for hot food at all. It's always good to try something different, regardless of initial fears or prejudices.

Oh, and for the record, with the team halved for various reasons, we later went down in pub trivia by 1.5 points. So close!

No comments: