Tuesday 2 October 2007

Berfdae build-up

Two mates birthdays this week, and then mine. What is it about early October? I had an enjoyable meal tonight at the local club for the first of those birthdays, and tomorrow will be Karaoke to continue with that and into mine.

I'm not really thrilled about mine. Friday I turn 30. It's come so quickly and like a lot of people who have reached that milestone I wonder if I could have, or more realistically should have achieved more in the time I've been given, and no I don't mean regarding monetary gain. It's a downer, even if I am pretty happy with who I am, and where I'm slowly going. I think on Friday I'll do as a mate suggested regarding her own birthday and do something nice for my parents, as a thank you for creating me.

I usually spend my birthdays on the South Coast of NSW, getting pissed and eating meat with the other birthday boy and another mate (who this year might be a bit pre-occupied looking after his twin baby boys), but this year I'll give it a miss. Still, I'm sure they will have a great time.

No comments: