Friday 12 October 2007

Fail


Like my cone-collared friend in the accompanying image, tonight my team failed in our weekly pub trivia effort. Perhaps Gary Numan is a bad luck talisman, as we came third on the back of calling our team "Gary Numan versus the Dream Police." Of course I would refuse to believe that the Dream Police or anything to do with Cheap Trick could be the cause of the bad Juju.

We didn't play too poorly, but I wasn't exactly thrilled about my contribution during the film round, or any round really. Whilst it's not a matter to be concerned about, the questions that stumped me do at least give me something interesting to google and learn about during my down time.

On a brighter note, delayed birthday greetings continue to roll in. Thanks Sarah - considering you've been up to your elbows in woolly excitement and dip on your farm recently, you're forgiven.

Even brighter, I quite enjoyed today's road trip as well. Off again with Jardine, Jas and Jill, this time to the Jenolan Caves. First off - the road there is shithouse. Only the road to Nimbin compares. Hell of a view though.

I really had no idea what to expect in regard to the Jenolan Caves, but I didn't expect the setting to be a cross between Lord of the Rings and National Lampoon's European Vacation. The Swiss style buildings, rock towers screaming into the sky and drive-thru cave styled action all blended together to completely dismiss any previous notions I might have had. The caves were interesting but oddly enough I was drawn more to the blue pool. Heavy in minerals, crystal clear to a considerable depth and the colour usually only seen in volcanic springs and trapped in centuries old glaciers, I regret not having had my camera with me. If I go back I intend spending a lot of time getting all of the resources I need in order to do an oil painting of the pool with the rock spires and caves in the background.

Dinner at the Hampton Roadhouse and watching the lightning hurtling down into Lithgow in the distance were a fine way to wind down the trip. Now if only the following pub trivia could have gone off as smoothly! Ah, but there's always next week!

No comments: