Wednesday 24 October 2007

Woo tax!

I finally got around to making an appointment with my accountant to lodge my tax return, two days out from the Oct 31 cut off. I am incredibly well organised. You can tell, right? I'm sure that woman loves seeing me. Once a year I rock up, hand her a stack of paper and then hide behind the desk knowing that I should have done better. Record keeping? I do that well, but with the help of my own mysterious filing system, which baffles even me. It's getting to the point where I'd almost submit to a few lashes across the back rather than to have to go through this every year.

On a similar note, my brother found his dog holding his girlfriend's incomplete tax return today, in a manner that would suggest that he is either trying to help complete it, or is perhaps only one step away from embezzling funds. I'd go with the latter. I mean, would you trust a dog who doesn't just eat flies, but catches them and pulls their wings off?

On that note, I have to go now. My cat (Bitey - yes, a Simpson's reference) is standing upright at my window, rattling the screen for attention. When I get out of my chair and peel back the curtain I know she will only turn away.

bitch..

No comments: