Monday 29 October 2007

Uh oh spaghettio

I'm not a fan of daylight savings. It's a horrible case of time meddling and the sort of action best left to omnipotent beings, aliens and sun stealing super villains. Serving only one purpose, which is to mess with people's sleep, daylight slaving savings goes down worse when applied in conjunction with taxation stress, incredibly loud thunder and early mornings alarms.

Out of bed, showered and ready to for my appointment with my accountant. I put on my special "please don't fuck me against your oak table" outfit and headed off for my dreaded date down town. As I neared the office I could see the secretaries struggling to contain themselves and their bras as they ripped the door open and quickly sealed me in, ushering me forth into the bowels of their overlord's taxation dungeon.

For a whole blisteringly painful 15 minutes I dodged numerous poisoned tipped conversations, each laced with numerical, mind-numbing inanity. My accountant's smile and no fuss, can-do attitude did the best with what I had made available and I made it out alive without being partially digested or sold into sex slavery on the Kagoshima market. Neato.

It's a good start to the week, capping off an excellent weekend spent in Dunedoo, which is a couple of hours north of my present location.

Interesting Dunedoo fact:

- The town was founded in 1953 by Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins hockey legend and noted arctic explorer.

No comments: